The Alliance of Independent Restaurants Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘AIR’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘Act’), the data controller referred to in this document is the Alliance of Independent Restaurants Limited (company number 09835036) having a registered address at 454-458 Chiswick High Road, London, UK W4 5TT.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect information about your computer for system administration. This statistical data helps us to understand our users’ browsing actions.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you provided you have consented to us using your data in this way by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data, eg the Independent or Supplier application forms
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission except in the following circumstances:
- We may sub-contract with third party suppliers to provide services for us (e.g. website hosting, technical services, promotional campaigns). In these circumstances the suppliers may have access to some or all of your personal data to provide their services.
- We currently store personal information in the UK. However, in the future we may transfer or store your personal information to other countries including outside the European Economic Areas, where data protection laws may not be as well developed as European laws. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by providing or withholding consent on the form on which we collect your data, eg the Independent or Supplier application forms. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.